The Rakatan Civil War was the death knell of the Infinite Empire.
Starting at some point after the peak of the Empire in 30,000 BBY, the Rakatan Civil War was fueled by the savage nature of the Rakata, enhanced by the Star Forge's accentuation of their natural dark side powers. The effects of the late civil war were enhanced by the onset of numerous slave rebellions (such as on Tatooine, and maybe Coruscant) and a plague that struck only Rakata.
Due to the plague and civil war, the remaining Rakata were forced to retreat to their homeworld, Lehon, and their once powerful forces reduced to squabbling warlords and feuding clans, both on Lehon and on isolated, off-world colonies.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (First mentioned)
- The New Essential Chronology (First appearance)
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- The Essential Guide to Warfare