- "There's no turning back now."
- ―Rake Gahree defects from the Empire
Rake Gahree was an Imperial cadet at Skystrike Academy who was friends with both Wedge Antilles and Hobbie. He and his friends attempted to defect to Phoenix Cell with the help of rebel agent Sabine Wren. However, he was killed during the first escape attempt when his TIE fighter was destroyed by Captain Vult Skerris.
Rake Gahree was an Imperial cadet at the Skystrike Academy, which trained TIE fighter pilots. He was friends with Wedge Antilles and Hobbie. Two years before the Battle of Yavin, Gahree and his friends became disillusioned with the Galactic Empire after the Imperials began destroying unarmed rebel ships that had surrendered. They sent a message to Phoenix Cell that was picked up by the rebel agent Fulcrum. Fulcrum contacted the Phoenix Cell who dispatched the former Imperial cadet and Mandalorian warrior Sabine Wren to extract them.
After Governor Arihnda Pryce and Agent Kallus arrived to investigate the presence of defectors at the Academy, Gahree and his two friends talked about the risks involved in their escape attempt. Later, Wren met up with Antilles and told him that she had come to rescue him and his friends. An opportunity to escape arose when Governor Pryce and Instructor Goran dispatched all of the cadets on a mock battle exercise. However, this was a trap devised by Pryce to lure the defectors out of hiding. At Wren's direction, the defecting cadets flew their TIE fighters towards a rebel CR90 corvette.
However, Pryce deactivated the TIE's solar collector panels, leaving the pilots stranded in space. A flight of TIE interceptors led by Captain Vult Skerris then attacked the rebel corvette. Under Pryce's orders, Skerris fired a salvo at one of the cadets' TIE fighters; hitting Gahree's craft. Gahree was killed while his friends and Wren watched. Despite his death, his friends and Wren made a second successful escape attempt.
Personality and traitsEdit
Rake Gahree was a young pilot who joined the Skystrike Academy, which trained starfighter pilots for the Empire. He was friends with Antilles and Hobbie and shared their disillusionment with the Empire's increasingly ruthless policies. This led them to make an escape attempt which led to Gahree's death.
Behind the scenesEdit
Rake Gahree first appeared as a supporting character in the Star Wars Rebels episode "The Antilles Extraction," which first premiered on Disney XD on October 8, 2016 where he was voiced by Corey Burton who also voiced Instructor Goran.
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Antilles Extraction" (First appearance)
- "Sons of the Sky"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine (Mentioned only)
- (First identified as Gahree)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The events of this article take place shortly after Star Wars Rebels: Steps Into Shadow, which is the first known episode to take place in the second year before the Battle of Yavin. As such, we can deduce that this event takes place in the second year before the Battle of Yavin. For more information, see 's Timeline of Star Wars Rebels Events.
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 Star Wars Rebels – "The Antilles Extraction"
- ↑ "Sons of the Sky"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine