|Chronological and political information|
- "I killed Obi-Wan Kenobi!"
- ―Rako Hardeen
- "You're blaming me for a murder I didn't even do."
- ―Rako Hardeen
Originally from Concord Dawn, Hardeen was once a member of the mercenary group known as Marvasa's Marauders in the Cyrillian Protectorate. During the Clone Wars, Hardeen was hired by an anonymous client to murder Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi on Coruscant. After shooting the Jedi in the chest and 'completing the job,' Hardeen was pursued by Anakin Skywalker. Hardeen managed to escape using smoke grenades and a speeder bike.
While celebrating his high-profile kill at a dodgy cantina, he was summoned into the back room to meet his employer and receive payment. However, he found himself greeted by Jedi Masters Mace Windu and Obi-Wan Kenobi–his supposed victim, now physically altered to look like Hardeen. He was then apprehended by the two Jedi, and his identity assumed by Kenobi in order to plant himself in a Republic prison. Hardeen's reputation for having assassinated a Jedi proved valuable to Kenobi, who used it to gain the trust of other prisoners, in order to facilitate a secret Jedi mission to protect the life of Supreme Chancellor Palpatine.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Deception" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Friends and Enemies" (Impersonated)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Box" (Impersonated)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Crisis on Naboo" (Impersonated)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lawless" (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Darth Maul: Shadow Conspiracy (Mentioned only)