|Chronological and political information|
- "I killed Obi-Wan Kenobi!"
- ―Rako Hardeen
- "You're blaming me for a murder I didn't even do."
- ―Rako Hardeen
Originally from Concord Dawn, Hardeen was once a member of the mercenary group known as Marvasa's Marauders in the Cyrillian Protectorate. During the Clone Wars, Hardeen found himself a pawn in a complex plot to foil an assassination attempt on Supreme Chancellor Palpatine organized by Moralo Eval and Count Dooku. He was hired by an anonymous client, actually members of the Jedi High Council, to murder Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi by shooting at him from the top of a building on Coruscant. After shooting Kenobi in the chest as he had agreed, Hardeen was pursued by Anakin Skywalker. The bounty hunter managed to escape using smoke grenades and a speeder bike.
While celebrating his high-profile kill at Trueping's cantina, he was summoned into the back room to meet his employer and receive payment. There, he was met by Jedi Masters Mace Windu and Obi-Wan Kenobi–his supposed victim, now physically altered to look like him. Hardeen was apprehended by the two Jedi, and his identity assumed by Kenobi in order to plant himself in a Republic prison. Hardeen's reputation for having killed a Jedi was essential to the plan, as Kenobi used it to gain the trust of other prisoners and attract the attention of Moralo Eval, from whom Kenobi was to acquire intel that would help the Jedi prevent the assassination attempt.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Deception" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Friends and Enemies" (Impersonated)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Box" (Impersonated)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Crisis on Naboo" (Impersonated)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lawless" (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Darth Maul: Shadow Conspiracy (Mentioned only)