Brown, later grey
|Chronological and political information|
- "Our true king has been silenced."
- ―Saw Gerrera
A member of the royal family, Ramsis Dendup was born of Human parents on Onderon, a planet located in the the Inner Rim region of the galaxy. At some point in his youth, Dendup ascended to the position of king. In 22 BBY, a political crisis that had been plaguing the galaxy for a decade degenerated into an open conflict known as the Clone Wars. While normally allied with the Republic, King Dendup believed in not entering the war. He regarded both sides as inherently corrupt and thought the best course of action for Onderon would be to remain unaligned. Yet at the beginning of the war, Dendup was overthrown by Sanjay Rash, who allied Onderon with the Separatists. Rash was not really the true king, but a puppet to the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Saw Gerrera, a loyal follower of Dendup, would not tolerate Rash's Separatist-backed regime, which prompted him to join the Onderon rebels. Following a fierce but costly battle, the Seperatists retreated after killing Rash and Dendup was restored as the true king. However, his reascention came at a great cost: Steela Gererra, the rebel leader, was killed while trying to protect him, despite the efforts of Padawan Ahsoka Tano to save her. Dendup repaid her sacrifice with a public announcement and funeral, stating that her death would be remembered as the day Onderon became free again.
Personality and traitsEdit
Ramsis Dendup was the true king of Onderon, and only wanted to bring peace and freedom to his people.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A War on Two Fronts" (First mentioned) (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Front Runners" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Soft War"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Tipping Points"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.46 (First identified as His Royal Majesty King Ramsis Dendup)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Magazine 18
- (First identified as Ramsis Dendup)
- (First pictured)