- "As my sweet mother always said, 'son, if one hostage is good, two are better, and three, well, that's just good business!'"
- ―Hondo Ohnaka on the business of taking hostages
A ransom was the act of holding someone hostage for the purposes of a trade off. The term could also be used to describe the payment in such a dealing. During the Clone Wars, the pirate Hondo Ohnaka held the Sith Lord Count Dooku along with the Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker on the planet Florrum in an attempt to collect a ransom paid in spice from the Galactic Republic, though his efforts failed. Later during the war, the former dark side assassin Asajj Ventress held the Kage girl Pluma Sodi hostage, only to free Sodi after her brother Krismo paid a ransom of credits.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Dooku Captured" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Gungan General"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bounty"
- (First identified as Ransom)