It was a meter-and-a-half sword where the thick straight blade covered four fifths of the length, and the wooden hilt is the rest. An up-thrust crossguard was placed to each side of the hilt. On the flat side of the blade, there was a small quillion used to catch enemy blades.
The Unfyr warriors used rantoks as both military and ceremonial people. Other Ka'hrens also preferred rantoks to ranged weapons. However, the introduction of blasters led to obsolescence of rantoks (except among the Unfyrs, who were devoted to their rantoks).
The rantoks were resurrected during the Rebellion era when history scholar Kaltor Naklian rediscovered the Unfyr traditions and culture. Particularly Naklian found a well-preserved rantok next to the writings of prophets of Unfyr god Ni'Shaw, which he considered a sign to create the Ni'Shaw-Dak religion. Ni'Shaw-Dak followers often learned to wield rantoks.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Knight Errant novel (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (First appearance)
- Alliance Intelligence Reports
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience: Prima Official Game Guide