The speeders were powered by repulsors and a turbine engine mounted on the frontal prong. The speeder was controlled via twin steering vanes atop the bike and pedals fitted below. Two blaster cannons protruded from the bottom of the forward prong.
The RapidResponse police speeder was based on the BARC speeder utilized by the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars. Originally developed for military use by Aratech Repulsor Company, the BARC speeder saw such great success that Aratech repackaged it for police use on Coruscant. Mostly, they were driven by CSF police droids.
Behind the scenesEdit
The RapidResponse police speeder was designed for the Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV series. It first appeared in the episode Lightsaber Lost where Master Sinube and Jedi Tano borrow it from one of the police droids. The speeder would alter appear in subsequent episodes including Duchess of Mandalore, Pursuit of Peace, Senate Murders, and To Catch a Jedi where it would be used by the Coruscant Security Forces as a patrol and pursuit speeder. A concept art image of the RapidResponse speeder for use by the Coruscant Underworld Police in the cancelled Star Wars: 1313 game, appeared in Star Wars Art: Concept which was published on October 15, 2013.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lightsaber Lost" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Duchess of Mandalore"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Pursuit of Peace"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Murders"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "To Catch a Jedi"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Incredible Vehicles (First identified as RapidResponse police speeder)
- Star Wars Art: Concept