- "When I was an infant, my clan was forced to surrender me to a criminal. I became his slave, but he was a surprisingly kind master. He was killed when I was still quite young during an attack by Weequay raiders. I was rescued by a Jedi Knight named Ky Narec, who sensed that I was strong in the Force. He was stranded on Rattatak, and he took me under his wing. I became his Padawan.…For ten years, we helped the people of Rattatak. We became heroes—to most. But to some, we were the enemy.…Narec died in front of my eyes. He, too, was killed by Weequay.…I vowed vengeance, and I got it. Soon, the warlords were dead, and I ruled in their place. It was on Rattatak that Dooku found me, and I him."
- ―Asajj Ventress, reminiscing on her life on Rattatak
Rattatak was a mountainous planet located in the the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories that was the homeworld of the Siniteen species, who were also known as Rattataki, and the Rattatakian redjacket. Orbited by at least one moon, the Siniteen slaver Hal'Sted was killed by Weequay raiders during a pirate uprising some point prior to the Clone Wars, leaving his slave, a young Dathomirian named Asajj Ventress, orphaned. She was found by Ky Narec, a human Jedi Knight stranded on Rattatak, who recognized her potential and began to train her in the ways of the Force as his Padawan. For ten years, they helped the people of Rattatak, becoming enemies to some but heroes to most, until he was killed while defending a Rattataki village from a Weequay raider assault, leading Ventress to give in to her grief and fall to the dark side. She vowed vengeance and killed the warlords responsible for her master's death, ruling Rattatak in their place. It was there that Count Dooku, seeking an apprentice as filled with hatred as he was, found and recruited Ventress.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nightsisters" (First appearance) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Dark Disciple (Mentioned only)
- (First identified as Rattatak)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Complete Season Three
- Ultimate Star Wars (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Complete Season Three
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 screenshot) . “@AV6R7 They are all Siniteen, just like Corellians are all human.” (
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 5.7 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nightsisters"
- ↑ (Slide 3)
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Dark Disciple