- "However, the Rebels are devious, and like fanned rawls they have hidden themselves well and fashioned nests and lairs at the highest levels of power."
- ―Inquisitor Loam Redge
Rawls were reptilian snakes from the Mid Rim world of Naboo. Varieties included fanned rawls, giant fanned rawls, spitting rawls, and vine rawls. The powerful Teräs Käsi attack of Spitting Rawl was named after the one variety of rawl.
Rawls could also be found on the planet Mandalore. A variant of the snake was the shadevale venomsting of Kashyyyk. Inquisitor Loam Redge likened the Rebel Alliance to fanned rawls, which were considered to be quite dangerous serpents.
Behind the scenesEdit
Rawls were creatures in the 2003 massively multiplayer online role-playing game Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided, prior to the game's closure on December 15, 2011. While the vast majority of Naboo's wildlife was well-established through Episode I and other sources, the team created a handful of new creatures for the planet, including the rawl, to fill specific niches.
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (First appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Ruins of Dantooine (Mentioned only)
- From Pencil to Pixel: The Art of Star Wars Galaxies
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption: Prima Official Game Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars Galaxies: Rage of the Wookiees
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption: Prima Official Game Guide
- ↑ Star Wars Galaxies: The Ruins of Dantooine
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 From Pencil to Pixel: The Art of Star Wars Galaxies
- ↑ IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT STAR WARS GALAXIES. Sony Online Entertainment (2011-06-24). Archived from the original on November 24, 2011. Retrieved on July 25, 2015.