Winged mammals native to the planet Bespin, rawwks inhabited the gas giant's upper atmosphere, hunting other airborne creatures with a screech that disoriented their prey. That distinctive screech gave them their name. They often nested in abandoned prospecting stations floating in Bespin's atmosphere.
A large colony of rawwks that inhabited Tibannopolis formed an empathic connection with future Jedi Master Streen; when he left Bespin, the entire flock, numbering in the thousands, took to the air in a farewell gesture.
- Tales of the Jedi: The Fall of the Sith Empire 2: Forces in Collision (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy of Fear: Planet Plague
- Star Wars: Rebellion (Mentioned only)
- Jedi Search
- I, Jedi
- Dark Nest I: The Joiner King (Mentioned only)
- Dark Nest II: The Unseen Queen
- Legacy 25: The Hidden Temple, Part 1
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 5 (BES3-4, Bespin)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 104 (BES13, Bespin - Animals)
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Enter the Unknown