Raymus Antilles was a human male from Alderaan. During his time in the service of the House of Organa, he captained the CR90 corvettes Tantive III and Tantive IV. Antilles died shortly before the Battle of Yavin, while trying to protect Princess Leia Organa from Darth Vader.
- "The war will go on without me. It won't without you."
- ―Antilles, to Leia Organa
A human male, Raymus Antilles hailed from the influential and peaceful planet of Alderaan. He was schooled in diplomacy and became a capable starship pilot. Eventually, he came to work for the House of Organa, being entrusted to transport its members across the galaxy. As such, he served in the command staff of Senator Bail Organa, husband to Queen Breha of Alderaan. Towards the end of the Clone Wars, Antilles piloted the CR90 corvette Tantive III for Senator Organa.
Age of the EmpireEdit
During the fall of the Galactic Republic and the early days of the Galactic Empire, Antilles was captain of the Tantive III, serving Senator Bail Organa. He was present when Organa saved Jedi Masters Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi from the Jedi Purge. After the birth of Padmé Amidala's twins Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa, Antilles was given charge of Amidala's two droids, R2-D2 and C-3PO, and was instructed to wipe the latter's memory. Antilles knew that Leia was Bail's adoptive daughter and over the years began to serve her as well as her father, but did not know the truth about her birth parents.
A year after the fall of the Republic, Antilles was present when former Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano broke onto the Tantive IV and into Bail Organa's quarters to discuss joining the rebellion. Concerned about Organa's safety, Antilles abruptly entered Organa's quarters with a security team while he was talking to Tano, but Organa assured him that Tano was a friend. Shortly after, Antilles was having a conversation with Organa in the Tantive IV's mess hall, when Tano approached the pair to devise a plan to help her friends she had left behind on the moon Raada. Once signaled by Tano, Antilles and the Tantive IV, along with several other transports and A-wings, traveled to Raada to help evacuate the farmers on the moon from Imperial occupation.
Galactic Civil WarEdit
- "We intercepted no transmissions! This is a consular's ship! We're on a diplomatic mission!"
- ―Antilles' final words, to Darth Vader
Still a servant of the Organas, Captain Antilles proved himself an extraordinary leader, as he broke through countless Imperial blockades to get supplies to the Alliance to Restore the Republic. He continued to serve Princess Leia, after she succeeded her father as Senator of Alderaan.
During the Battle of Scarif, he was given the plans to the Death Star after Darth Vader's attack on the Profundity and immediately rushed the plans to the princess as they escaped into hyperspace aboard the Tantive IV. However, Vader's flagship, the Devastator, followed them and the blockade runner's crew was captured in the Tatoo system. A loyal guard to the princess, the captain perished protecting her identity when Vader boarded the corvette Tantive IV and strangled him. The dark lord then tossed Antilles' lifeless body to the side after the unsuccessful interrogation.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization
- Star Wars: Rogue One: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars: A New Hope (paperback novel)
- A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy
- From a Certain Point of View
- Star Wars 3: Skywalker Strikes, Part III (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head (Mentioned only)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Raymus Antilles)
- Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4
- ↑ Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Ahsoka
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy
- ↑ Rogue One: A Star Wars Story