- "One razor bug is a nuisance. Three might leave you scarred. Five will flay you alive."
- ―Jaina Solo
Razor bugs were projectile biots used by the Yuuzhan Vong. Shaped from the sparkbee, the razor bug was a relative of the thud bug, but served a different purpose. Essentially living knives, razor bugs had carapaces that were capable of shredding flesh and piercing certain types of armor. When thrown, the razor bug would deploy its wings which helped guide it towards the target, giving it the homing capabilities similar to the thud bug. They also had a vapid tenaciousness to continue attacking a target until either it or the razor bug was subdued.
Yuuzhan Vong warriors could throw several razor bugs at once to engulf their enemies. A skilled wielder could also throw the razor bug and cause it to immediately return to his hand. Like other Yuuzhan Vong weapons, razor bugs could be integrated into a Yuuzhan Vong's chest and body.
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide I: Onslaught (First appearance)
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide II: Ruin
- The New Jedi Order: Balance Point
- The New Jedi Order: Star by Star
- The New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream
- The New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand
- The New Jedi Order: Ylesia
- The New Jedi Order: Destiny's Way
- The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force
- Legacy of the Force: Inferno (Flow-walk)
- Star Wars: Legacy 11: Ghosts, Part 1
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 70 (YUU5-6, Yuuzhan Vong Weapons)
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Star Wars: Legacy 0
- Legacy Era Campaign Guide