- "The tractor beam is coupled to the main reactor in seven locations...."
During the Battle of Naboo, Anakin Skywalker accidentally blew up the reactor core of the droid control ship, and started a chain reaction. The destruction also disabled the Trade Federation's battle droid army.
The first and second Death Star utilized hypermatter reactor cores, which in both cases were exploited by the Alliance to Restore the Republic to destroy the gargantuan battlestations. The Main Reactor was not a weak point in the Death Star I. It was only a section that was not well protected by the Imperial Navy because they assumed no threat could come close to doing damage. The weakness on the Death Star(s) were that small craft were able to avoid the heavy turbolasers. Thus they could fly down the polar trench and destroy the huge battle station.
- LEGO Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Hoth Limited (Card: Debris Zone)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (reference book)
- Attack of the Clones: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Revenge of the Sith: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Millennium Falcon Owner's Workshop Manual
- Star Wars: Battle for Naboo
- The Essential Guide to Warfare