The Rebel Alliance starbird was a symbol of the Alliance to Restore the Republic. The flight helmets of the Rebel X-wing pilots were adorned with the starbird logo. Nearly thirty years after the Battle of Endor, the Resistance adopted the same emblem. Many pilots, including Poe Dameron, wore helmets featuring the logo. The New Republic insignia also had the starbird.
The starbird was depicted on many objects and symbols, including...
- Ello Asty's helmet
- Poe Dameron's helmet
- Nien Nunb's helmet
- Jek Tono Porkins' helmet
- Jessika Pava's helmet
- Dosmit Ræh's helmet
- Dak Ralter's helmet 
- Luke Skywalker's helmet
- Tyson's helmet
- Snap Wexley's helmet
Behind the scenesEdit
A similar design to the Alliance starbird symbol also appears in Star Wars Rebels as a personal signature of Mandalorian artist Sabine Wren, which was designed by Chris Glenn. No formal connection has been established between the two emblems in Star Wars canon, therefore this article treats both as separate symbols.
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Rebel Alliance starbird)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: Rogue One: Rebel Dossier
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Secret Cargo"
- ↑ The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels
- ↑ Designing Star Wars Rebels
- ↑ See Starbird.