A Rebel Marksman was a sniper who served in the Alliance to Restore the Republic during the Galactic Civil War. The Alliance was formed in 2 BBY under Chief of State Mon Mothma. A marksman was typically equipped with an E-17d sniper rifle, along with a backup sidearm, Class-A thermal detonators, and an R-4 recon droid. Some snipers were equipped with autoturrets. The marksmen participated in many battles, including the raid on Yavin 4, the Battle of Hoth, and the Battle of Endor. Marksmen were motivated individuals, and a team of them were capable of turning an advancing company of Imperial stormtroopers into a handful of retreating ones using their rifles. Apparently, a disproportionate number of Rebel marksmen were female; similarly, many of the Alliance Military's females were marksmen.
Behind the scenesEdit
Rebel Marksmen serve as the Rebel's sniper class in the Star Wars: Battlefront video game series. Rebel snipers also appear in the Endor downloadable expansion to the 2010 video game Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II, an alternate Battle of Endor scenario.
A squad of snipers accompanied a Rebel strike force to the planet Endor to attempt to destroy the shield generator protecting the under-construction Death Star II. They were all killed by the Dark Apprentice, the clone of Darth Vader's secret apprentice.
- Star Wars: Battlefront (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron
- Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (Non-canonical appearance) ("Endor" downloadable content)
- Star Wars Battlefront: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Champions of the Force (Card: Rebel Dead-Eye)
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Champions of the Force (Card: Rebel Sharpshooter)
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Champions of the Force (Card: Rebel Sniper)
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Agents of Deception (Card: Rebel Sniper)
- Star Wars: The Card Game – Edge of Darkness (Card: Covert Sniper)