- "Red Five standing by."
- ―Luke Skywalker
The callsign was used by Pedrin Gaul during the battle over Scarif; however, Gaul would be killed in the battle, leaving the position vacant. It was later taken up by Luke Skywalker during the Battle of Yavin, as well as in several subsequent missions. After Skywalker destroyed the first Death Star, the callsign became synonymous with the actual X-wing fighter he flew. Grizz Frix used the callsign during the Battle of Endor.
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novel (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Princess Leia, Part I
- The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure
- The Weapon of a Jedi, Part 1
- Star Wars Battlefront
- Vader Down, Part I
- Star Wars 22: The Last Flight of the Harbinger, Part II
- Star Wars 25: The Last Flight of the Harbinger, Part V
- Star Wars 26: Yoda's Secret War, Part I
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi