- "I'm sorry, Even. For once, the terrorists are right."
- ―Hutar Zash, Lannik royal military advisor
When Lannik was troubled by the Red Iaro, Corellian diplomats were sent to Lannik to help resolve the conflict. However, seven members of the organization were planning an attack, and ambushed the diplomats while they were on their way to meet the Lannik High Court. Luckily, Jedi Master Even Piell was with them and managed to defeat them all, at the cost of his left eye. However, he chose not to undergo bacta treatment, and let the wound heal on its own. To him, the scar was a mark of honor and bravery. Because of this, the diplomat's daughter, Adi Gallia, was inspired to become a Jedi. After it was found that she was Force-sensitive, she was taken into the Jedi order.
Several months after the Invasion of Naboo, Piell encountered the Red Iaro again. Another round of peace talks was to begin, this time on the neutral planet Malastare. After the Iaro led an unsuccessful assassination attempt on the lives of the Jedi councilors, their leader, in an attempt to escape, was killed in a jetpack accident.
Behind the scenesEdit
In Star Wars 12: Outlander, Part 6, Aurra Sing says regarding arms being sold by the Hutts on Tatooine: "Most of the weapons were obsolete junk. The Lannik Terrorists wouldn't even take them." This obviously means the Red Iaro.
- Star Wars 12: Outlander, Part 6 (First mentioned)
- Star Wars 13: Emissaries to Malastare, Part 1 (Mentioned only) (First identified as Red Iaro)
- Star Wars 14: Emissaries to Malastare, Part 2 (First appearance)
- Star Wars 15: Emissaries to Malastare, Part 3
- Star Wars 16: Emissaries to Malastare, Part 4
- Shatterpoint (Mentioned only)
- Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight (Mentioned only)
- Power of the Jedi Sourcebook
- The New Essential Guide to Characters
- "Who's Who in the Jedi Order"—Star Wars Insider 62
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- The New Essential Chronology
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species