- "They're heading for the Medical Frigate."
- ―Wedge Antilles, during the Battle of Endor
The Redemption was an EF76 Nebulon-B escort frigate in the Alliance to Restore the Republic's fleet. She was refitted with advanced medical facilities and served the fleet as the primary medical frigate, but was also able to hold her own in combat. After Luke Skywalker was rescued from Cloud City, the Millennium Falcon brought him to the Redemption where he was given a mechno-arm to replace the one he lost duelling Darth Vader. The Redemption later participated in the Battle of Endor; though she was targeted and attacked by several TIE fighters, including one piloted by Commander Ciena Ree, the swift intervention of Red Leader and Gold Leader prevented the Imperials from destroying the frigate. After the Mon Calamari Star Cruiser Liberty was vaporised by the Death Star's operational superlaser, the Redemption was among the ships to directly engage the Imperial fleet, exchanging fire with a Star Destroyer at point-blank range. Once the shield protecting the battlestation was down, the Redemption and the surviving cruisers formed a perimeter around it to prevent Imperial fighters from pursuing the strike team, then quickly flew away from the second Death Star as it blew up.
During the battle, the Redemption and it's considerable medical services were pressed into service dealing with the multitude of injured personnel. Although it ultimately survived the battle, one of the nurses onboard, Able Nereno, was killed whilst at his post when an oxygen tank exploded near him.
- Heir to the Jedi (Mentioned only) (First identified as Redemption)
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back junior novelization
- Captured on Cloud City
- Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side!
- Lost Stars
- Shattered Empire, Part II (Mentioned only)