Sometime between 59 and 56 BBY, the moon Alaris Prime in the Alaris Expanse was rediscovered by Wookiee explorers from the planet Kashyyyk. Alaris Prime was geographically hidden by the gas giant Alaris, and as a result had been untouched by the galactic community for close to one thousand years, when it had been the site of a battle in the New Sith Wars. Following their discovery, the Wookiees petitioned the Senate of the Galactic Republic to give them colonization rights to the moon. After two decades of political debate, Alaris Prime was awarded to the Wookiees, who colonized the moon sometime between 39 and 36 BBY. However, a company known as the Trade Federation illegally attempted to colonize the moon, forcing the colonists to fight back against the company. The Wookiees eventually managed to defeat the Trade Federation, and Alaris Prime later became a thriving technological hub for both the Wookiees and the Republic.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds (First mentioned) (Mentioned in databank)
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns (Mentioned in databank)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds databank
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 The New Essential Chronology places the Alaris Prime colonial war between 39 BBY and 36 BBY, and the Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds databank states that the rights debate for Alaris Prime took twenty years to be complete, placing the discovery at this time.
- ↑ Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil