Ree-Yees was a Gran who worked for the Hutt crime lord Jabba Desilijic Tiure. The Gran's role in Jabba's Palace on the planet Tatooine was to care for the Hutt's pet Frog-dog Buboicullaar. Ree-Yees despised his Hutt employer, but not as much as Buboicullaar—who was in fact sentient—hated Ree-Yees. When the Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker was dropped into Jabba's rancor pit to be eaten, Ree-Yees was amongst those who crowded round to watch the battle and cheer on the rancor. The Gran later rode on board Jabba's sail barge Khetanna to the Great Pit of Carkoon, where Skywalker was to be fed to a sarlacc alongside the smugglers Han Solo and Chewbacca. Skywalker and his companions managed to break free during the execution attempt, killing Jabba and destroying the barge and Ree-Yees along with it.
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes (First identified as Ree-Yees)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (Picture only)