Though naturally herbivores, a starved reek could become a ravenous meat-eater and change its skin color to a deep red, while on other worlds they could be brown, gray, or sometimes yellow. Those bred in the Petranaki arena were purposely fed meat in order to increase their overall aggression. Their sprawling posture and immense weight made them relatively slow-moving. They sported two large cheek horns that could be used for head-locking in combat with another Reek as a show of dominance.
They also inhabited the Codian Moon, where they lived in small herds. The creatures existed on Saleucami as well, where one was ridden by General Grievous, leader of the Separatist Droid Army during the battle of Saleucami.
Behind the scenesEdit
Reeks first appeared in Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones.
There is a contradiction regarding the creature's height. Both the Encyclopedia and Databank entries agree that these creatures stood at about 2.24 meters tall. However, the later Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings claims that they stood at 4.04 meters in height. This article assumes the former to be correct.
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Landing at Point Rain" (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Deserter"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Padawan Lost" (Head only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Wookiee Hunt" (Head only)
- Ultimate Factivity Collection: Star Wars
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes
- Journey Through Space
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Ultimate Factivity Collection: Star Wars
- ↑ Journey Through Space
- ↑ Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Deserter"