Regent was a term used for a ruler. Hylemane Lightbringer was a regent of the Old Republic who claimed that he was born in the dust of the Typhonic Nebula and could not be killed by mortal weapons. Despite his claims, he eventually was bludgeoned to death by a chair. During the time of the Cold war, an individual named Solculvis served as the regent to the Mol'leaj system, and he enjoyed collecting creatures for his personal zoo. Lady Bo-Katan Kryze was placed as Regent of Mandalore by the Jedi Order around the end of the Clone Wars, however, she was usurped from her position by Clan Saxon when she refused to obey the Galactic Empire. Urtya served as the regent of the planet Mon Cala.
- Star Wars Rebels: Heroes of Mandalore (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 44: Mutiny at Mon Cala, Part I (First appearance)
- Star Wars 45: Mutiny at Mon Cala, Part II (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization (Mentioned only)