- "Ani, I'm pregnant."
- ―Padmé Amidala, to Anakin Skywalker
Reproduction was the biological process in which a new life form could be created from "parent" lifeforms. For humans, that process was the result of a sexual union between a male and a female, resulting in the female becoming pregnant and giving birth to children. Senator Padmé Amidala of Naboo became pregnant during the Clone Wars, with Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker as the father. Her pregnancy resulted in the birth of twins, Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa.
Reproduction could also be replicated via cloning, a process in which the DNA of one life form could be copied to produce genetically identical individuals. Prior to the Invasion of Naboo, the Kaminoans cloned bounty hunter Jango Fett, resulting in the eventual creation of the Grand Army of the Republic.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance) (Appears as cloning)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hunt for Ziro" (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Rebels – "Rise of the Old Masters" (Indirect mention only)
- Heir to the Jedi
- Darth Vader 4: Vader, Part IV
- Darth Vader 6: Vader, Part VI (Mentioned only; in flashback)