The company was originally founded to create warships meant to quell uprisings in the distant areas of the Republic. As time went on, the company began to branch out into other markets, producing colony and exploration vessels, passenger ships and transports. RFS lasted for 15,000 years, eventually being disbanded by the Senate just prior to the Clone Wars, with all its assets absorbed by the Republic Navy.
A major shipyard in the company orbited the world of Abhean. The Jedi training vessel Chu'unthor was built here. Other notable products included the Star Saber XC-01 starfighter and the Aurek-class tactical strikefighter.
- Lost Tribe of the Sith: Sentinel (Mentioned only)
- The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- Power of the Jedi Sourcebook
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 95
- The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Jedi Academy Training Manual