- "Master Sifo-Dyas requested the most powerful army in the galaxy. We have worked with only the best shipbuilders to fulfill that request."
- ―Lama Su
The Republic Navy, also called the Republic fleet, was the naval branch of the Grand Army of the Republic. The Navy transitioned into the Imperial Navy after the Republic was transformed into the Galactic Empire.
Clone Wars beginningEdit
The Republic Navy first came on the scene during the Battle of Geonosis twenty-two years before the Battle of Yavin. Acclamator-class warships and Low Altitude Assault Transports were used to carry troops and vehicles on the planet, in an effort to help Jedi forces run there to save Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker and Padmé Amidala. The battle was won by the Republic thanks to its new Grand Army and the Clone Wars began.
Some time after the Battle of Geonosis, in the Battle of Christophsis Venator-class Star Destroyers were deployed instead of Acclamator-class ships, engaging Separatist capital ships that were blockading the planet. A stealth ship prototype was tested in the battle, managing to destroy Admiral Trench's flagship, the Invincible. In the next battle on the planet of Teth squadrons of V-19 Torrent starfighters operated together with Jedi starfighters.
In the Mission to Rugosa Jedi General Yoda traveled aboard a refitted Consular-class cruiser. The Separatist superweapon known as the Malevolence destroyed some Pelta-class frigates, used as medical transports by the Republic.Afterwards Jedi General Anakin Skywalker led a squadron of BTL Y-wing starfighters with the purpose of destroying the Malevolence, but he initially failed, succeeding only with his boarding of the ship. Nu-class transports were employed in several battles in this period, such as on Christophsis, Ryloth, Rishi moon, Vassek's third moon and Florrum. General Skywalker has often used a G9 Rigger freighter named Twilight since the Battle of Teth, in which he stole the ship.
In the Battle of Malastare the Republic used many starfighters to bomb Separatist ground forces marching against them; these fighters consisted of Y-wing and ARC-170 starfighters. In the following Battle of Geonosis the Republic deployed a great amount of naval forces, using again the Low Altitude Assault Transport/carriers deployed in the rescue of the Jedi team on the same planet. Also Pelta-class frigates were deployed to help the injured troopers. In the Battle of Saleucami, fought after the capture of Eeth Koth, Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi's fleet included for the first time an Arquitrens-class light cruiser, a cross between the Venator-class Star Destroyer and the Consular-class cruiser. In the battle was also used a Eta-class shuttle for the first time. Large naval forces were employed in the Defense of Kamino, when General Grievous struck the clones' home, including ARC-170 and Y-wing starfighters and Venator-class, Acclamator-class and Arquitens-class ships. This kind of ships were used back in the Battle of Sullust. Modified LAAT/i's were deployed in the Battle of Lola Sayu to evacuate a Jedi rescue team run to save Jedi General Even Piell.
Clone Wars ending Edit
Since the Battle of Umbara Republic has used Clone Z-95 starfighters as main starfighter forces. A lot of naval forces surrounded the space station Valor during the Republic strategy conference. Jedi General Anakin Skywalker and Jedi Commander Ahsoka Tano piloted Eta-2 Actis-class interceptors in the Defense of Cato Neimoidia; this kind of starfighter was used by Jedi often in the last part of the Clone Wars. A great formation of Republic capital ships attacked the ring station surrounding the world of Ringo Vinda, including ARC-170, Y-wing and Clone Z-95 starfighters, a Jedi ambassador shuttle, a Nu-class shuttle, Republic frigates, Arquitens-class, Acclamator-class and Venator-class capital ships. The gunship Havoc Marauder was used by Clone Force 99 in the Battle for Anaxes and in the Mission to Skako Minor.
Space stations and superweaponsEdit
- Haven-class medical station
Capital ship classes Edit
Assault ships Edit
Cruisers and Corvettes Edit
- Consular-class cruiser
- Arquitens-class light cruiser
- Pelta-class frigate
- Stealth ship
- CR90 corvette
- Alpha-3 Nimbus-class V-wing starfighter
- ARC-170 starfighter
- Clone Z-95 starfighter
- V-19 Torrent starfighter
- BTL Y-wing starfighter
Jedi Starfighters Edit
- Delta-7 Aethersprite-class light interceptor
- Delta-7B Aethersprite-class light interceptor
- Eta-2 Actis-class light interceptor
- (as "Republic Fleet")
- (as "Republic starfleet")
- (as "Republic fleet")
- (as "Galactic Republic fleet")
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- Ultimate Star Wars
- (as "Republic fleet")
- (as "Galactic Republic fleet")
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Cat and Mouse"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars (film)
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ambush"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow of Malevolence"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Destroy Malevolence"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Storm Over Ryloth"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rookies"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lair of Grievous"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Gungan General"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Zillo Beast"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Landing at Point Rain"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Brain Invaders"
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Grievous Intrigue"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "ARC Troopers"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nightsisters"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Citadel Rescue"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Darkness on Umbara"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Point of No Return"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Unknown"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Bad Batch"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Distant Echo"