Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Command ships of the Great Sith War were designed with several long engine banks arranged vertically at the stern, with several lesser banks placed along the sides of the vessel. They were similar in design to the Republic battleships which served alongside them.
The ship was equipped with shields divided into separate areas, with a forward shield used in head-on confrontations. The command ship also had a medical bay filled with Bacta tanks, for quick treatment of wounded personnel.
Snubfighters were carried onboard these vessels, capable of taking off at a moment's notice when threatened by enemy fighters.
The command tower was a high-rise spire located halfway on the centerline of the hull. Going by the bridge of the Reliance I, Republic command ships of this class had multi-level bridge areas with extensive panoramic windows, and at least one gun turret for point-defense. The bridge also had atmospheric containment shields for use in an emergency, such as breaches in the superstructure.
By the time of the Mandalorian Wars, many Republic warship classes had been replaced by newer and more efficient designs. The prevailing command ship among prominent Naval officers then, was the Inexpugnable-class tactical command ship and the smaller Centurion-class battlecruiser.
- Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith (audio)
- Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith 2: The Quest for the Sith (First appearance)(as Command ship)
- The Essential Chronology
- The New Essential Chronology
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Handbook (Indirect mention only)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith
- ↑ Due to the ship being a command vessel, it is capital scale. Due to the command tower being similar in size to the later Inexpugnable-class, the ship's length is similar in magnitude.
- ↑ Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook states that multi-kilometer long warships were part of fleet-doctrine until after 3,000 BBY, when it shifted to groups of smaller cruisers.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith (audio)
- ↑ Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide