The Republic crest, also referred to as the Republic cog, was the ancient eight-spoked sigil of the Galactic Republic. With the outbreak of the Clone Wars between the Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems, the crest came to be featured more prominently than before, appearing on brand new war machines, flags and banners. Eventually, Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine turned the Republic into the First Galactic Empire, and the Republic crest was modified into the Imperial crest.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "ARC Troopers"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nightsisters"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Secret Weapons"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Sunny Day in the Void"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Rebels – "Zero Hour"
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy (First identified as Republic crest)