The CSS-1 Corellian Star Shuttle was more spacious and could carry more people compared to the Consular-class cruiser. It also featured a large meeting room. Because they were diplomatic vessels, Star Shuttles lacked weapons but boasted a powerful deflector shield.
The class was manufactured by the famous Corellian Engineering Corporation, which manufactured most of the vessels in use by the Galactic Republic. They were less versatile than most CEC designs, in part due to their extensive armor plating.
Star Shuttles served the Republic in its last decades as diplomatic vessels, but some ships were modified for military service and were equipped with at least two turbolasers. They served in the Judicial Forces and fought in the Stark Hyperspace War, the Yinchorri Uprising, and the Clone Wars. The Corellian Star Shuttle Perpetuus transported Chancellor Palpatine to Theed following the Battle of Naboo.
Behind the scenesEdit
On his blog, Dan Wallace revealed that Palpatine's shuttle was named Perpetuus in The Essential Guide to Episode I. However, since the book was never released, the name is not official. Suns of Fortune gave the Corellian Star Shuttle the full name of "CSS-1 Corellian Star Shuttle," although it misspelled it as CCS-8 in one location.
- Jedi Council: Acts of War 4
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace/junior novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Republic: The Stark Hyperspace War (Appears in flashback(s))
- Mission 1: Political Escort
- Legacy 25: The Hidden Temple, Part 1
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Episode I
- Starships of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Suns of Fortune(First identified as CSS-1 Corellian Star Shuttle)