Thirty years after the Battle of Endor, the Resistance staged the rescue of Admiral Ackbar, an admiral in the Resistance's military during the cold war. The Resistance sent pilot Commander Poe Dameron along with the droids C-3PO and BB-8 to rescue Ackbar from the First Order Resurgent-class Star Destroyer Subjugator where Ackbar was being held hostage.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "...I have learned where Admiral Ackbar is being held...He is on a Star Destroyer in the Bakura sector."
The mission to rescue Admiral Ackbar made its first appearance in the 2016 LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises episode Poe to the Rescue where it depicted that Admiral Ackbar was being held captive by Captain Phasma onboard the Resurgent-class Star Destroyer Subjugator in the Bakura sector.
Using a stolen AAL-1971/9.1 Troop Transport, Poe Dameron, C-3PO and BB-8 snuck onboard the Subjugator and was able rescue Admiral Ackbar. While escaping the Subjugator they were pursued by several TIE fighters.
They later went into an asteroid field where they ducked behind an asteroid where Dameron had hidden his T-70 X-wing fighter Black One and Ackbar's Delta-7B Aethersprite-class light interceptor Daisy Mae. They used the Atmospheric Assault Lander as a decoy and using their fighters were able to destroy the TIE fighters that had followed them. They later headed back to the Resistance base on D'Qar. 
- Star Wars Special: C-3PO 1: The Phantom Limb (First canonical appearance)
- Star Wars: Rivals
- Poe Dameron: Flight Log (First identified as rescue of Admiral Ackbar)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises – "Poe to the Rescue" (First appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (DLC)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 Star Wars Special: C-3PO 1: The Phantom Limb
- ↑ Before the Awakening
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 4.8 4.9 Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: Rivals
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises – "Poe to the Rescue"