- "Now, assemble your warriors and your medic at the edge of town and go find Attichitcuk."
- ―Qui-Gon Jinn to Chewbacca
- "Attichitcuk has been shot down! But wait, I sense the spark of life in him still."
- ―Qui-Gon Jinn
Between 39 and 36 BBY, having been granted the colonization rights by the Senate of the Galactic Republic, the Wookiee Attichitcuk led a colonization force consisting of members of his own species to settle the moon Alaris Prime. Simultaneously the company known as the Trade Federation illgally sought control of the moon and launched a separate colonization effort. Both sides faced the threat of the gundarks, a predatory species on Alaris Prime, and independently decided to destroy the creatures. Attichitcuk's son Chewbacca, with the help of Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn, trained a group of bowcaster troopers and marched towards the gundark nest. The Wookiees arrived to witness B1 battle droids of the Trade Federation exterminating the gundarks. The battle droids then opened fire on the Wookiees, who returned fire and won the resulting battle.
Now aware of another hostile presence on Alaris Prime, Attichitcuk undertook a scouting mission along with two other Wookiees to uncover the extent of the Trade Federation's activities. Meanwhile Qui-Gon Jinn had Chewbacca work on upgrading the technology level of the colonists' at a base, while Wookiee workers gathered food from muja fruit bushes. Attichitcuk began to head for the base, having found several battle droids, but was stopped in his path by droids commanded by DRN-38. One of the droids ordered Attichitcuk's surrender, and when he refused the droids shot him, causing severe injuries while leaving his body on the path, and killed his escort party when they caught up.
Through use of the Force, an energy field the Jedi accessed, Jinn sensed that Attichitcuk survived his injuries. He encouraged Chewbacca to stay calm, and had the Wookiees train more warriors and construct a medical droid. Once ten bowcaster troopers were suitably prepared, Jinn instructed Chewbacca to assemble his troops and the medical droid at a set of markers, launching the rescue mission from there.
- "You're approaching Trade Federation territory now. Stick together and expect an attack at any time."
- ―Qui-Gon Jinn to the Wookiees
- "Battlefield promotions are not easy to deal with, but Chewbacca handles the leadership role with a skill not often seen."
- ―Qui-Gon Jinn in his report to the Jedi Council
Behind the scenesEdit
- "Attichitcuk has been killed! Our efforts have been in vain."
- ―Qui-Gon Jinn if the player loses Attichitcuk, failing the mission
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Prima's Official Strategy Guide (First mentioned) (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The New Essential Chronology places the Alaris Prime colonial war between these years.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Prima's Official Strategy Guide