- "This is Admiral Wieler on the Resilient, calling General Plo…an enemy starship has entered the system."
- ―Admiral Wieler, during the Battle of Khorm
The Resilient was a Venator-class Star Destroyer in the Republic Navy during the Clone Wars. In 22 BBY, it was a part of a task force led by Jedi Generals Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, and Tauht that was dispatched to the planet Khorm to secure the valuable agrocite mineral. However, by the time the Jedi arrived at the planet, it had been occupied by the Confederacy of Independent Systems. During the ensuing battle, the Resilient served as the personal flagship of Republic Admiral Wieler. Wieler could not utilize his space forces at first because of a Separatist-created storm that raged in Khorm's atmosphere, but once the storm was extinguished, he used the Resilient and the rest of the fleet to aid the Republic ground troops.
The Resilient was a Venator-class Star Destroyer in the Republic Navy active by the early stages of the Clone Wars. On at least one occasion, it served as the personal flagship of Republic Admiral Wieler. Like all Republic Venator-class Star Destroyers, the Resilient had a dual bridge tower, and portions of its hull were red in color. Several LAAT/i gunships and V-19 Torrent starfighters were stationed aboard the ship.
- "All fighters—that vessel must not reach the surface!"
- ―Admiral Wieler, commanding from the Resilient
The Resilient was one of the many Venator-class Star Destroyers manufactured by Kuat Drive Yards. In 22 BBY, the Resilient, along with two other Venators under Wieler's command, was dispatched to the planet Khorm as part of a Republic task force led by Jedi Generals Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, and Tauht. The Jedi were tasked with securing Khorm's deposits of agrocite, a valuable and rare mineral that could be used to exceptionally increase power to starfighters. Upon arrival at Khorm, Wieler positioned the Resilient and the rest of his forces in the planet's orbit. By this time, however, the planet had fallen into Confederate hands, so the Jedi needed to fight for the agrocite. After the initial Republic ground forces landed, a storm erupted in Khorm's atmosphere, preventing Wieler from sending reinforcements.
While the Jedi fought the Separatists on the ground, a single starship—Separatist Dark Jedi Asajj Ventress' Trident—slipped past the Resilient and the other Venators and headed for the planet surface. Wieler dispatched a pair of V-19 Torrent starfighters to intercept the ship, but the Trident managed to reach the planet through an opening in the storm, while the V-19s were destroyed when the opening disappeared. Wieler analyzed the storm, discovering that the atmospheric distortion centered near the main Separatist agrocite mine, which the Jedi sought to liberate. Contacting the Jedi from the Resilient's bridge, Wieler informed them of what had happened. The Jedi correctly guessed that the storm was created by a Separatist weather-control station and set off to destroy it. Koon and Fisto managed to take the station down, and the storm dispersed, allowing Wieler to take the Resilient and the rest of his forces into Khorm's atmosphere and lend assistance to Republic Major Kendal Ozzel, whose forces had been nearly decimated by Ventress. The Battle of Khorm was eventually won by the Republic.
Commanders and crewEdit
- "Launch reinforcements."
- ―Admiral Wieler, the Resilient's commander
During the Battle of Khorm, the Resilient was commanded by Admiral Wieler, a Human male. Wieler tried his best to help the Jedi in their fight, though he was initially unable to do so because of the storm. After the storm disappeared, Wieler's timely intervention saved the Republic troops on the surface from certain defeat. The Resilient carried a number of clone troopers aboard.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Resilient appeared in the first two issues of the In Service of the Republic story arc of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars comic series. Both issues were written by Henry Gilroy and Steven Melching, and illustrated by Scott Hepburn.
- The Clone Wars 7: In Service of the Republic, Part 1 (First appearance)
- The Clone Wars 8: In Service of the Republic, Part 2
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 The Clone Wars 7: In Service of the Republic, Part 1
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 The Clone Wars 8: In Service of the Republic, Part 2
- ↑ The Essential Reader's Companion dates the Star Wars: The Clone Wars film to 22 BBY, while The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 8 (22 BBY 101–102, Spying for the Senate) dates "Senate Spy" to late 22 BBY. Since places "Holocron Heist" between The Clone Wars film and "Senate Spy," it can be concluded that "Holocron Heist" also takes place in 22 BBY. Furthermore, since Star Wars: The Clone Wars: In Service of the Republic takes place prior to "Holocron Heist," In Service of the Republic can also be dated to 22 BBY.
- ↑ The Clone Wars 9: In Service of the Republic, Part 3