Military resistance movement
- "You are the leader of the Resistance, a critical check on the designs of the First Order. You are a symbol of the Resistance and an inspiration to all soldiers who follow our cause and do their duty in hard times."
- ―PZ-4CO, to General Leia Organa
The Resistance was a military organization active in the galaxy approximately thirty years after the Battle of Endor. The Resistance, led by General Leia Organa, served as a check against the activities of the First Order, a military junta that carried on the legacy of the Galactic Empire.
The Resistance was a band of soldiers and pilots who served in a struggle against the First Order many years after the Battle of Endor. The Resistance was led by General Leia Organa, who had once been a vital leader in the Alliance to Restore the Republic during the Galactic Civil War. Starfighter squadrons in the Resistance included Blue Squadron, in which Jessika Pava flew as Blue Three; and Black Squadron, in which Poe Dameron flew as Black Leader. Other members of the Resistance included Major Caluan Ematt and the droids C-3PO, R2-D2, and PZ-4CO. Many of these individuals performed tasks, such as starfighter and droid maintenance, in the Resistance base.
As a symbol in their struggle against the First Order, the Resistance adopted the starbird once used by the Rebel Alliance. The symbol adorned the helmets of Resistance starfighter pilots, who were known to use T-70 X-wing fighters in combat. Resistance troopers also utilized hit-and-run tactics against the forces of the First Order.
- "We're on the brink of war again—one we may not survive."
- ―General Leia Organa
The Resistance was active some time after the Battle of Endor, in which the Rebel Alliance triumphed over and shattered the Galactic Empire. Several decades after the Empire's defeat, the First Order emerged as the inheritors of the Imperial legacy, and the Resistance served as a check against the First Order's designs for the galaxy. As leader of the Resistance, Organa became a symbol of the group's cause and an inspiration to those who served it. At some point, the Resistance took an interest in the desert world of Jakku, where the New Republic had triumphed over the Empire decades earlier.
Behind the scenes
The Resistance was created for the 2015 film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. Its name was first revealed at Celebration Anaheim in April 2015 and made its first appearance in the prologues and epilogues of the Journey to Star Wars: The Force Awakens young readers novels Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure and The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure.
- The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure (First appearance, simultaneous with Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure)
- Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure (First appearance, simultaneous with The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure)
- Before the Awakening
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- LEGO Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (Set: 75102 Poes X-Wing Fighter)
- LEGO Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (Set: 75103 First Order Transporter)
- Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure
- ↑ https://twitter.com/StarWarsJunk/status/632398376621993985
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 5.7 5.8 The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy
- ↑ Aftermath
- ↑ Lost Stars
- ↑ screenshot) . “Rebels = Resistance Empire = The First Order #TheForceAwakens” (