The B/SF-17 heavy bomber, also known as the Resistance Bomber, was a type of bomber in use by the Resistance during its war with the First Order around 34 ABY. The B/SF-17 carried destructive ordnance and was protected by two rotating laser turrets.
The B/SF-17 heavy bomber was manned by at least one pilot, bombardier, and gunner. The starships featured a hold full of proton bombs and were defended by two rotating ball laser turrets facing the rear of the ship.
The bombers were in use during the First Order–Resistance war, having joined its ranks as the war heated up. Multiple craft were used by the Resistance during the Evacuation of D'Qar to drop proton bombs onto Resurgent-class Battlecruisers.
Behind the scenesEdit
The B/SF-17 heavy bomber was first seen in the first teaser trailer for Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi on April 14, 2017. On April 18, 2017, Lucasfilm Story Group member Leland Chee confirmed on Twitter that the starships seen in The Last Jedi teaser trailer were not Starhawk-class battleships.
- (First pictured)
- LEGO Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (Set: 75188 Resistance Bomber) (First identified as Resistance Bomber)
- Star Wars Made Easy: A Beginner's Guide to a Galaxy Far, Far Away
- Stealth Mission: Book and Model – Make Your Own X-wing (First identified as B/SF-17 heavy bomber)
- Star Wars: Card Trader
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Bomber Command
- Star Wars: Look and Find
- Resistance Bomber Expansion Pack
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 LEGO Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (Set: 75188 Resistance Bomber)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3
- ↑ Finish What You Start. Fantasy Flight Games (2017-09-08). Retrieved on September 9, 2017.
- ↑ Stealth Mission: Book and Model – Make Your Own X-wing
- ↑ . "@Robimus_prime64 No. Starhawks are really big."