The Resistance navy, also known as the Resistance fleet, was the naval branch of the Resistance's military forces during the cold war, and later subsequent war with the First Order. Officer ranks within the navy were Lieutenant, Captain, Major, Commander, Colonel, and Admiral. Ranking members of the Resistance navy could be identified by a badge with blue markings. Aiding the navy was the services of the Starfighter Corps.
First Order–Resistance warEdit
Battle of Starkiller BaseEdit
After the First Order destroyed the Hosnian system, the Resistance deployed its starfighters to Starkiller Base in order to destroy its thermal oscillator, while Han Solo, Chewbacca and Finn disabled the shields, allowing its destruction while the weapon homed in on D'Qar. After Chewbacca detonated the bombs, the navy, after multiple runs at the base and Poe Dameron's decisive solo attack, managed to destroy the inner workings of the oscillator and return to base.
Shortly after Starkiller Base was destroyed, the Resistance fleet began evacuating their base on D'Qar. The escape was interrupted by the arrival of a First Order fleet consisting of several Resurgent-class star destroyers and one Mandator IV-class orbital bombardment platform. The dreadnought opened fire on the Resistance base almost immediately, but the base had been fully evacuated just in time. To buy time for the Resistance transports to escape, Commander Poe Dameron attacked the dreadnought in his X-Wing, eliminating its surface cannons and clearing the way for a squadron of Resistance bombers to attack. The resultant assault successfully took out the dreadnought, but at a high cost. All bombers were lost along with many of their escorting starfighters, but the rest of the fleet was able to escape through hyperspace.
When the Resistance jumped out of hyperspace, they were quickly confronted by the First Order fleet, which was led by Supreme Leader Snoke's Star Dreadnought, the Supremacy. The fleet had managed to track them through hyperspace, knowing that the First Order would just pursue them if they went to hyperspace again, which would deplete their fuel levels, the Resistance piloted their fleet out of the First Order's range and their fighter pilots prepared to go out and attack. Vice Admiral Amilyn Holdo was placed in command of the Resistance fleet after General Leia Organa became unconcious due to the attack on the Raddus command bridge. Dameron suggested that they come up with a strategy to attack the First Order fleet, but she was intent on maintaining their current course of action. As the Resistance Fleet runs out of fuel, Admiral Holdo revealed her plan to evacuate the Raddus using U-55 loadlifters to the planet Crait, an uncharted settlement of the Rebel Alliance was located there during the Galactic Civil War. The plan was soon revealed to the First Order by DJ in exchange for his freedom and a large sum of money. Now wielding this information, The First Order moved into action,and destroyed the fleeing Resistance ships one at a time. Admiral Holdo witnessing the U-55 loadlifters being destroyed bravely decided to sacrifice herself along with the Raddus in a Hyperspace Ram on the Supremacy, crippling it and saving the lives of the remaining Resistance Troops on board the transports. After the disastrous battle of Crait, which cost the Resistance all but sine personnel, the surviving members of the Navy and Army barely managed to escape on the Millennium Falcon with the help of Rey and her newfound force abilities.
Capital ship classesEdit
- MG-100 StarFortress SF-17
- BTL Y-wing starfighter
- RZ-1 A-wing interceptor
- RZ-2 A-wing starfighter
- T-70 X-wing fighter
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Resistance navy)
- Star Wars: Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars: Look and Find
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Ultimate Sticker Collection
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Activity Book with Stickers
- (First identified as Resistance fleet)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The novel Bloodline reveals that Leia Organa formed the Resistance in 28 ABY. Therefore the Resistance navy must have either been formed in or after the year 28 ABY.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 5.00 5.01 5.02 5.03 5.04 5.05 5.06 5.07 5.08 5.09 5.10 5.11 5.12 Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 6.5 6.6 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 7.6 7.7 7.8 Before the Awakening
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Poe Dameron 1: Black Squadron, Part I
- ↑ Join the Resistance
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- ↑ Star Wars Insider 177
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 15.3 15.4 15.5 15.6 15.7 15.8 The Last Jedi: Cobalt Squadron
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 Poe Dameron 17: War Stories, Part I
- ↑ Star Wars Battlefront II