The Resistance navy, also known as the Resistance fleet was the naval branch of the Resistance's military forces during the early Cold war, and later subsequent war with the First Order. Officer ranks within the navy were Lieutenant, Captain, Major, Commander, Colonel, and Admiral. Ranking members of the Resistance navy could be identified by a badge with blue markings. Aiding the navy was the services of the Starfighter Corps.
Assault on Starkiller BaseEdit
After the First Order destroyed the Hosnian system, the Resistance deployed its starfighters to Starkiller Base in order to destroy its thermal oscillator, while Han Solo, Chewbacca and Finn disabled the shields, allowing its destruction while the weapon homed in on D'Qar. After Chewbacca detonated the bombs, the navy managed to destroy the inner workings of the oscillator and return to base.
Capital ship classesEdit
- BTL Y-wing starfighter
- RZ-1 A-wing interceptor
- T-70 X-wing fighter
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Resistance navy)
- Star Wars: Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- (First identified as Resistance navy)
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars: Look and Find
- (First identified as Resistance fleet)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The novel Bloodline reveals that Leia Organa formed the Resistance in 28 ABY. Therefore the Resistance navy must have either been formed in or after the year 28 ABY.
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 4.00 4.01 4.02 4.03 4.04 4.05 4.06 4.07 4.08 4.09 4.10 Before the Awakening
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 BB-8 on the Star Wars App-Enabled Droids by Sphero
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Poe Dameron 1: Black Squadron, Part I
- ↑ Join the Resistance
- ↑ 10.0 10.1
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Poe Dameron 17: War Stories, Part I