- "Power up the guns; everyone take defensive positions."
- ―The outpost commander
The outpost consisted of several building protected by a deflector shield generator. On the outside of the shield, the outpost was protected by a number of laser turrets. A mountain formed a natural barrier on one side.
When the Trade Federation invaded Naboo in the year 32 BBY, the Royal Naboo Security Forces were forced to defend their planet using any means necessary. The Security Forces used the outpost near the Great Grass Plains to use as a base during the invasion. After the Queen returned to the planet, she joined with the Gungan Grand Army to retake the planet. In response, the Trade Federation Droid Army sent three strike forces to engage the Gungans. Army B flanked the Great Grass Plains and found the outpost. A Naboo scout warned the outpost, which activated its defenses. The Federation Heavy Artillery Guns commenced attacking the turrets. The pirate Nym and his wingmate Vana Sage joined the battle and engaged the attacking Federation forces, ultimately driving off the Federation army. The loss of this Federation element allowed the Gungans to hold out while the Security Forces destroyed the Droid Control Ship in orbit, ending the invasion.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Starfighter (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars: Starfighter
- ↑ Star Wars: Starfighter refers to its events taking place in the Invasion of Naboo. The New Essential Chronology places the invasion in 32 BBY,
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace novelization
- ↑ The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels