The Resistance transport pod was a customized model of two-person light shuttle constructed from the cockpit of a B-wing Mark II by the Resistance. The pods were originally constructed to be grafted to passenger modules and used troop transports by the Resistance, but with the addition of a hyperdrive they could be separated and use on their own. During the attack on the Resistance fleet by the First Order in 34 ABY, the Resistance agents Rose Tico and Finn used a transport pod to travel to the planet Cantonica, where it was then destroyed by the Canto Bight Police Department.
The Resistance transport pod was a type of customized light shuttle created by the technicians of the Resistance for use as an unarmed, two-person transport. The shuttle was originally constructed from the cockpit of Slayn & Korpil's B-wing Mark II starfighter, which the Resistance grafted onto a civilian passenger module in order to create the Resistance transport. When the cockpit was split back off from the module, it could be modified with a hyperdrive to act as a standalone two person shuttle, needing one pilot and having room for one passenger. As a separate ship, the pod stood 5.72 meters tall, 5.29 meters wide and 7.73 meters long.
The pod consisted of the cockpit, with its viewport on the left hand side, a sensor on the front and a stabilizer fin on top for atmospheric flight. The back of the pod housed the engine, including thrust vectrals to direct plasma flow, while the left hand side of the pod bore a door that doubled as both the pilot's escape route and the port docking hatch. The attachment point for the transport's passenger module remained on the right hand side. The pod's cockpit was armored with durasteel.
In the year 34 ABY, the Resistance agents Rose Tico and Finn piloted a Resistance transport pod from the MC85 Star Cruiser Raddus to the planet Cantonica during the attack on the Resistance fleet in search of the Master Codebreaker. They were able to escape detection by the First Order fleet attacking the Resistance due to the ship's small size and Tico's skill at keeping the pod's engine flux below sensor thresholds. The pair crashed the pod on a beach outside the city of Canto Bight, where it was later destroyed by the Canto Bight Police Department.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Resistance transport pod first appeared in the film Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi, which was released on December 15, 2017. The ship was not named in the film, but received identification in Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections, a reference book written by Jason Fry and released in conjunction with the film.
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi – DJ – Most Wanted 1
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections (First identified as Resistance transport pod)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the events of the film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens in 34 ABY. As Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi carries on immediately from the events of The Force Awakens, it can be assumed to take place in the same year.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi