- "I adhere to the Resol'nare. The core of what it means to be Mandalorian. A sacred law giving us direction and purpose. Education and armor, self-defense, our tribe, our language, our leader—all help us survive. We must educate our children as Mandalorians, obey the commands of Mandalore, speak Mando'a and defend our clans."
- ―Akaavi Spar
The Resol'nare, or Six Actions when translated from Mando'a into Galactic Basic Standard, were the central tenets of Mandalorian life. They consisted of wearing armor, speaking the language, defending yourself and your family, raising your children as Mandalorians, contributing to the clan's welfare, and when called upon by the Mand'alor, rallying to his cause
Anyone who wished to be considered Mandalorian had to abide by these guidelines and live these actions daily. Mandalorians whom did not follow the Resol'nare were considered to be dar'manda—someone who was ignorant of their Mandalorian heritage. The status of dar'manda was widely feared within Mandalorian society due to the belief it meant they were soulless and had no place in the Manda, the Mandalorian afterlife.
During the Mandalorian Wars, any and all non-Mandalorians were considered dar'manda and soulless from birth, until they joined the Mandalorians and lived by the Resol'nare. Groups of captured individuals would often be forcibly inducted into Mandalorian culture, and made to swear by the Resol'nare with or without their consent.
The Resol'nare is as follows: Ba'jur, Beskar'gam, Aliit, Ara'nov, Mando'a, and, Mand'alor
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 26: Vector, Part 2
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Order 66: A Republic Commando Novel
- Imperial Commando: 501st
- Legacy of the Force: Sacrifice (Mentioned only)
- "The Mandalorians: People and Culture"—Star Wars Insider 86 (First appearance)
- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide