|Type of government|
|Head of State|
|Date of establishment||
12 ABY (revealed as the Restored Empire)
|Date of fragmentation|
The Restored Empire was an Imperial faction that revealed itself after the Imperial Reunification and refused the authority of the Imperial Remnant. The members of the Restored Empire were informally known as the hard-liners.
The Restored Empire symbol was a modified Imperial crest with an additional inner circle, and a dot at the center.
The first phase of his operation was an attempt to assassinate Leia Organa Solo and her children on Coruscant. The attack failed due to the intervention of Mirith Sinn but it was without consequence for the following operations.
An other part of Devian's plot included the bounty hunter Boba Fett, the Yuuzhan Vong Nom Anor and the former Royal Guard Kir Kanos. While Devian hired Fett to bring Kir Kanos to the Restored Empire headquarters, Nom Anor hired a team of thieves to attack the class-3 toxic weapons dump on Nyara in order to retrieve a chunk of zinethium. Devian wanted to use this destructive material to destroy the Imperial Palace on Coruscant and eliminate the Republic government. As expected, Kir Kanos refused to join the hard-liners who imprisoned him. Devian later let him escape and sacrificed some stormtroopers to convince Kanos he was really free. Kir Kanos immediately departed to Coruscant to warn the Republic but he was unaware that Devian had embedded the zinethium inside the shuttle, predicting Kanos would travel to the galactic capital. This time, it was Jedi Master Luke Skywalker who prevented the attack.
Devian later learned that Republic and Imperial diplomats, including Kanos, Mirith Sinn and Feena D'Asta, had planned to meet to discuss a truce between the two factions. The Restored Empire stormtroopers who attacked the meeting were all eliminated but D'Asta was killed
Shocked by the death of Feena D'Asta and suspecting a Republic betrayal, Admiral Gilad Pellaeon ordered the Imperial Navy to attack the Republic in retaliation, leaving the Imperial capital Orinda insufficiently defended. The ancient but massive Restored Empire fleet was able to destroy the small defense fleet and attack the planet.
- "Numerous weapons and ships scheduled for decommission of destruction were rerouted here over the years, repaired and maintained. [sic] I have an armada of Venator-class Star destroyers, and even more Acclamator-class assault ships ready to be loaded with troops."
- ―Supreme Commander Devian to Kir Kanos
- Venator-class Star Destroyers
- Acclamator-class assault ships
- Aggressive ReConnaissance-170 starfighters
- Alpha-3 Nimbus-class V-wing starfighters
- All Terrain Attack Pods
- All Terrain Tactical Enforcers
- Heavy Assault Vehicle/wheeled A6 Juggernauts
- Low Altitude Assault Transport/carriers
- Nu-class attack shuttles
Following the end of the Clone Wars, numerous weapons and ships scheduled for decommission of destruction were rerouted to the Restored Empire's base, constituting with the years a massive military force.
- Crimson Empire III: Empire Lost (First appearance)