A reversed repulsorfield, also known as a man trap, was a restraining device that utilized multiple gravfield generators to create an immobilizing gravity field that easily prevented victims from moving yet without harming them. Many years prior, similar gravity-based technology was available as optional equipment for droids, such as HK-47 and T3-M4 who may have used such attachments during the Jedi Civil War and in the years after. However, these devices operated on a lesser scale and were only capable of temporarily slowing or incapacitating opponents.
- Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters (As "man trap")
- The Kathol Outback
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear (As "man trap")
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Fly Casual (First identified as Reversed repulsorfield)