|Points of interest|
Geography and EcologyEdit
Reytha's microclimates ensured that it had suitable growing conditions all year round. At the peak of the Empire's power, genetic modifications like special synthesizers and genetic inducer-droids were introduced on a greater scale, and the planet became known as the 'breadbasket of the Empire,' producing nearly 10% of the food for the Imperial military. Its major crop was muja fruit; Reythan berries were also produced there. Reytha's seas and oceans were teeming with fish and were almost as productive as its agricultural fields.
Reytha's main settlement was the city of Yeere, which held the only spaceport on the planet and was also garrisoned with a meager number of troops. During major conflicts, when agriworlds became prime targets, Yeere had been the location of reinforced fortresses and strongholds.
Shortly after the Battle of Yavin, when Antes Belladar was the Governor, the Rebel Alliance captured Reytha, depriving the Empire of valuable food resources. The Empire's Executor, Darth Vader, learned of the strike from a mind probe of Rebel General Jan Dodonna, was sent to take it back. As Mara Jade looked on in secret, Vader eventually recaptured Reytha, despite Governor Belladar's many delaying tactics. Convinced Beladar was a Rebel sympathizer, Vader executed him.
Behind the scenesEdit
Reytha was first mentioned in the strategy guide for the 2001 video game Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds. It serves as the location of two consecutive Darth Vader missions, which were also included on the game's 2002 expansion pack, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns. The planet was also mentioned in the 2004 novel Yoda: Dark Rendezvous.
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns
- Yoda: Dark Rendezvous (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Prima's Official Strategy Guide (First mentioned)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 19 (VAD9, Darth Vader)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 3.15 3.16 Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds DataBank, Reytha entry
- ↑ The Essential Guide to Warfare