- "Most of the people I hurt were people I didn't much care for. Some were brutes, others were cowards, and all of them were people I was happy to hobble on behalf of the Emperor. But that wasn't always the case. Take, for example, young Gunnery Officer Rilo Tang. Rilo: an eager officer. Eyes bright like polished credits. A beautiful man. Pretty like a sunrise. Sweet like a jifcake. And sneaky like a monkey-lizard"
- ―Sinjir describing his encounter with Rilo to Norra Wexley
Rilo Tang was a young human male who served as a gunnery officer in the Imperial Military prior to the battle of Endor. He was a handsome young man who had a reputation as a kleptomaniac. On one occasion, he stole a ring from a Moff. As a result, he was severely punished by the Imperial loyalty officer Sinjir Rath Velus, who broke many of his bones and disfigured him. Following the incident, there were rumors that he ended up working the trash compactors.
- "No. Oh, no, no. You misread me. I wasn't the executioner. I was the confessor. The secret police... But to elicit that confession, I had to break many bones on this beautiful boy's body. I don't know if they killed him. I heard rumors he ended up working the trash compactors. What matters is that his face would never look the same. His beauty, his vigor? Gone. And that was my fault."
- ―Sinjir recounting his interrogation of Rilo Tang
Rilo Tang was a young man who lived during the reign of the Galactic Empire. He was kleptomaniac whose parents sent him to the Imperial academies to reform him into a "proper galactic citizen." Eventually, he became a gunnery officer and was stationed to a unit that included the Imperial loyalty officer Sinjir Rath Velus. During his time in the Imperial Military, Tang had a reputation for stealing the personal effects of other Imperial personnel including holopics, ID tags, and a private's pair of shoes. Sinjir warned him many times but the youth was unable to manage his kleptomania.
One day, he stole a ring from a Moff that contained encoded information. Sinjir was tasked with soliciting a confession from Tang. In the process, he broke many bones in the boy's body and disfigured his face. While it was rumored that the boy survived the beating, he never fully recovered from his injuries and ended up working the trash compactors.
Several months after the battle of Endor, Sinjir deserted the Empire and joined a rebel cell led by the New Republic starfighter pilot Norra Wexley. A guilt-ridden Sinjir related the story of Rilo Tang to a visibly horrified Norra. After relating the story, Sinjir took pains to reassure Norra that he was no longer working with the Empire but that he was still not a rebel.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "Best guess given his psych profile? Parents often sent their troubled children to the Imperial academies. An act meant to be corrective, as they assumed we could shape their sloppy, insubordinate progeny into something resembling a proper galactic citizen. The reality was of ten that those types washed out. Forcibly so. The Empire wanted its own heroes, not its own freak show. I suspect Rilo was like that."
- ―Sinjir recounting his impression of Rilo Tang
Rilo Tang was an attractive young man who had eyes that shone as bright as polished credits. Tang was a troubled youth whose parents sent him to the Imperial Academy in the hopes of controlling his kleptomania. While Tang was an eager Imperial military officer, he was unable to manage his kleptomania. Following a string of petty thefts, he stole a Moff's ring. As punishment, he was brutally beaten by the Imperial loyalty officer Sinjir Rath Velus. The incident left him with numerous broken bones and a disfigured face.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Aftermath (First mentioned)