A riot gun referred to any weapon that was designed to disable or otherwise knock organic beings unconscious. There were different varieties of riot guns that used stun blasts, concussion, chemicals, or other means to disable victims. Many types of riot guns had short barrels designed to combat multiple opponents, although some were modified to target a single opponent.
Examples of riot guns included the R-88 Suppressor riot rifle, used by Imperial forces on Coruscant, which utilized Brix-C stun fluid in an aerosol spray form to neutralize victims. Another example was the BlasTech 500 riot gun used by the Corporate Sector Security Division, or Espos.
Imperial Dungeoneers also used them.
- Jedi Apprentice: The Rising Force
- Han Solo at Stars' End (First appearance)
- Han Solo's Revenge
- Star Wars: Assault Team
- The Star Wars Sourcebook
- Star Wars Campaign Pack
- Star Wars Gamemaster Kit
- Dark Empire Sourcebook
- Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Galladinium's Fantastic Technology (As "Riot Gun")
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen, Revised
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear
- Aurra Sing: Dawn of the Bounty Hunters
- How the Other Half Hunts"—Star Wars Gamer 6 "
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook