A riot gun referred to any weapon that was designed to disable or otherwise knock organic beings unconscious. There were different varieties of riot guns that used stun blasts, concussion, chemicals, or other means to disable victims. Many types of riot guns had short barrels designed to combat multiple opponents, although some were modified to target a single opponent.
Some known users of riot guns included the bounty hunter Dengar, who used a modified version that could affect a single target with a more powerful blast, and the Corporate Sector Security Division. Imperial Dungeoneers also used them.
- The Star Wars Sourcebook
- Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook
- Dark Empire Sourcebook
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen, Revised
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear
- Aurra Sing: Dawn of the Bounty Hunters
- How the Other Half Hunts"—Star Wars Gamer 6 "
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide