On the Citadel prison, during the Clone Wars, the droid commandos that guarded the prison carried riot shields at the Battle of Lola Sayu. The clone trooper CT-1409 attempted to use a riot shield to prevent the droid commandos from destroying the Republic squad's escape transport during the battle, but the riot shield was ineffective against the laser turret and he was nearly killed in the explosion that followed.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Duchess of Mandalore"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Citadel"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Counterattack"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Citadel Rescue"
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novel
- (image 7 of 9) (First identified as Riot shield)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary