|Points of interest|
- "Why you want to live in hot, humid lowlands? Mountains are much better."
- ―A Rishii questions non-Rishii settlers' choice of home location
Rishi was a planet located in the Abrion sector of the Outer Rim Territories, along the Manda Merchant Route. It was also the endpoint of the only well-traveled hyperlane into the Rishi Maze, the Zareca String.
Rishi is the homeworld of the Rishii. The Rishii are a winged species, which live in nests on the mountains of Rishi. The planet was home as well as a number of fundamentalist followers of the H'kig religion who colonized the planet.
In addition to the lush tropical terrain, Rishi's surface featured mountains, valleys, and swamps. Human and alien colonists lived in the deep valleys, while the Rishii lived in the high mountains. Many smugglers used this planet as a base because of the colonists' tolerance.
In 60 BBY, some 50,000 H'kig followers left the Core world of Galand and founded a religious colony on Rishi. However the group quickly dissolved in religious schism, with a minority who left the planet and settled another colony on J't'p'tan.
The planet was known for its rich exonium mines, which the Confederacy of Independent Systems attempted to pillage during the Clone Wars. This invasion was repulsed by Kit Fisto, his clones, and the native Rishii. During the Clone Wars, there was a small Republic listening post on Rishi's moon. Because of its close proximity to Kamino, Rishi was considered a last defense of the clone-producing planet. This base was used to warn the Republic fleet of any CIS ships entering the area. The base was attacked by the Confederate General Grievous and his forces during the war. The station was destroyed by CT-26-6958 when he sacrificed himself to alert the Republic Navy, forcing the Separatist fleet to retreat.
During the Galactic Civil War, the smuggler Talon Karrde and his lieutenant Mara Jade had a base here, which became his main base of operations after his base at Myrkr was compromised during the Thrawn campaign. The base was quickly abandoned after the bounty hunter Gunner Groth discovered the presence of Karrde's smugglers on Rishi.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan
- (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Gauntlet of Death
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rookies"
- Star Wars: Rebellion
- X-Wing: The Bacta War (Mentioned only)
- Dark Force Rising (First appearance)
- Before the Storm (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Legacy 38: Tatooine, Part 2 (Mentioned only)
- Dark Force Rising Sourcebook
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition
- The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- "The Unseen Planets of Episode II"—Star Wars Insider 80
- "Creature Preview"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 4
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (galaxy map)
- The New Essential Chronology (galaxy map)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 32
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 1.31 1.32 1.33 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rookies"
- ↑ 4.00 4.01 4.02 4.03 4.04 4.05 4.06 4.07 4.08 4.09 4.10 4.11 4.12 4.13 4.14 4.15 4.16 4.17 4.18 4.19 4.20 Dark Force Rising Sourcebook
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Dark Force Rising
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan
- ↑ 7.0 7.1
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Gauntlet of Death
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 The Essential Atlas, p. 96