Nearly 1 meter
They were fast moving scavengers and pests that lived in rocky, secluded habitats, particularly on Tatooine, as well as Tocoya or Kirdo III. Rock warts were usually solitary creatures, and often hid in shadows and attacked when surprised. They were nearly 1 meter long.
Among the nasty surprises to greet a weary moisture farmer returning to his hovel after a hot day's work could be a spiny rock wart that had crawled into the welcome shade of the home. Though not ordinarily aggressive towards larger animals, rock warts had a deadly neurotoxin that could kill a man as easily as the small invertebrate and lizard prey upon which the creatures usually fed. The lethal venom, administered by a bite to subdue fleeing prey, might just as readily be used by a surprised rock wart in its own defense, having been sat on or stepped upon in the dark. Misunderstanding or not, the unfortunate recipient of a wart wound was seldom alive long enough to care about the reason he was bitten.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Rock wart in Return of the Jedi may possibly be seen clinging to a wall or light fixture, through the arch of the third alcove Leia passes on her way to free Han from the carbonite slab, at frame 18:05 by SE DVD timing.
A behind the scenes photo of Jabba's entourage makes it likely that a rock wart was present on the set of Jabba's palace.
In the video game "Super Return of the Jedi" they appear green instead of brown.
- Episode I Adventures 8: Trouble on Tatooine
- Rebel Force: Renegade (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Super Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars: The Action Figure Archive (Picture only)
- The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide
- Secrets of Tatooine
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Special Edition Limited (Card: Rock Wart)
- (Picture only)
- "Rogues Gallery: An Audience with Jabba the Hutt"—Star Wars Insider 134
- Star Wars: What Makes a Monster?