| Production information
|Physical and technical specifications|
|Usage and history|
A missile launcher or rocket launcher was a weapon that fired an explosive projectile.
A missile launcher fired a high-speed projectile with an explosive warhead. The standard missile exploded metal shrapnel in a 3-meter blast radius. Whether handheld and portable or mounted on a vehicle or vessel, missile launchers were common heavy assault weapons used by many military forces for artillery barrage. Missile launchers were necessary in various types of combat to destroy enemy vehicles and vessels, command stations, and eradicate large numbers of infantrymen. An example included the PLX-1 portable missile launcher.
In many different armies, certain soldiers were especially trained to use missile launchers. Those types of soldiers included Separatist assault droids, clone heavy troopers, clone ARC troopers, clone commandos, SpecForce Heavy Weapon Specialists, Rebel vanguards, IG-100 MagnaGuards and Imperial shock troopers.
During the end of the Battle of Onderon, seeing that the Onderon rebels couldn't destroy the Heavy Missile Platform droid gunships, Anakin Skywalker sent Hondo Ohnaka to deliver missile launchers to them.
Missile launchers were also occasionally mounted to the fuselages of some spacecraft to provide them with heavy armament. For example, TIE Advanced x1 starfighters were equipped to carry and launch cluster missiles.
- Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters
- Casus Belli 89
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear
- Rules of Engagement: The Rebel SpecForce Handbook (as rocket launcher)
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- Star Wars Battlefront: Prima Official Game Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Star Wars Battlefront II: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Guide: Prima Official Game Guide (as rocket launcher)
- Star Wars Roleplaying Game Saga Edition Core Rulebook
- Threats of the Galaxy
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- (Picture only)
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- The Art and Making of Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Star Wars: Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Star Wars Roleplaying Game Saga Edition Core Rulebook
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Scavenger's Guide to Droids
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 Threats of the Galaxy
- ↑ Galaxy at War
- ↑ Star Wars: Battlefront II
- ↑ Tipping Points
- ↑ Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
- Missile launcher on Wikipedia