Rocket packs were a popular type of personal travel devices used during the Old Republic era. They contained internal chemical fuel that was not dependent on outside air to create thrust. The devices could thus operate in zero, low or high atmosphere situations. However, the chemical fuel was highly dangerous, stray shots were known to ignite rocket packs and cause them to explode.
They differed from later model jetpacks in a variety of ways, most notably in terms of safety. However, they still saw extended use in later eras due to their ability to operate in space and generally faster speeds, even though they were still heavier and noisier than jetpacks.
- Out Foxed
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rising Malevolence"
- "One of a Kind"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 5
- Star Wars: Assault Team
- Star Wars 33: Saber Clash
- Crisis on Cloud City
- Otherspace II: Invasion
- Star Wars 58: Sundown! (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Tiny Death Star (Non-canonical mention)
- Cracken's Rebel Field Guide
- Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters
- Bantha Tracks #5
- Galladinium's Fantastic Technology
- Tales of the Jedi Companion
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen, Revised
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear