- "A jungle world. Domed cities I see. Rodia it is."
During the waning days of the Galactic Republic, the planet was represented in the Galactic Senate by Onaconda Farr. Republic supply ships on route to Rodia were destroyed by pirates, leading to many Rodians starving. At some point during the Clone Wars, Farr betrayed his old friend and ally Senator Padmé Amidala by luring her to Rodia and into the clutches of her old enemy, the Trade Federation viceroy, Nute Gunray, in exchange for the shipment of supplies, which the Republic had failed to deliver, to his planet. However, when Gunray stated his intentions to execute Amidala, and delay the delivery of Rodia's supplies, he realized his mistake and helped her escape. The two held Gunray at gunpoint and had him arrested. Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine dispatched several supply convoys to Rodia upon learning of the dilemma.
By the time of the Galactic Civil War, Rodia had fallen under Imperial control. Shortly after the destruction of the first Death Star, Luke Skywalker took a luxury yacht, the Desert Jewel, to Rodia's Betu continent on a secret mission to establish a new source of weapons for the Rebel Alliance. He learned of a Rodian Jedi named Huulik who fought in the Clone Wars and visited a secret mausoleum deep in the jungle to honor Huulik.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ambush" (First appearance) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bombad Jedi"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Cloak of Darkness"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Holocron Heist" (Mentioned in datascreen)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Children of the Force"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lightsaber Lost" (Mentioned in datascreen)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Assassin" (Mentioned in datascreen)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Murders" (Mentioned only)
- Heir to the Jedi
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "The Test" (Non-canonical mention)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "The Kyber Saber Chase" (Non-canonical mention)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- ; image #7 (of 22)
- ; image #8, 9 (of 29)