- "Lieutenant? Get back to your station!"
"Just look! We won't survive! Even Hux is gone."
- ―Datoo and Rodinon, as the latter flees the primary control fire room
Rodinon was a human male military officer who served as a lieutenant in the First Order. Around thirty years after the Battle of Endor, Rodinon was stationed in the primary fire control from of the Starkiller Base superweapon under the command of Colonel Datoo. During the Assault on Starkiller Base, when it became clear that the base was going to be destroyed by the Resistance, Rodinon left his post and began to flee the bridge. Datoo demanded to know where he was going, but the lieutenant retorted that even General Armitage Hux, the base's commanding officer, was gone, and then fled. The base exploded shortly after. While on the base, Rodinon wore a black uniform with four coded access cylinders. He had fair skin and red hair.
Behind the scenesEdit
Rodinon first appeared in the film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, which was released in North America on December 18, 2015. He was portrayed by Richard Riddell. He was not identified beyond his rank in the film, but received a name in the reference book Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary, which was written by Pablo Hidalgo and released in conjunction with the film.
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Graphic Novel Adaptation
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Rodinon)